Eco-industrial parks as an approach for an industrial circular economy
Eco-industrial parks (EIPs) have emerged as an approach for increasing the sustainability, competitiveness and resilience of industrial parks while ensuring social and economic considerations. This workshop will introduce the concept and tools for enhancing the circular economy as part of EIPs. Case studies will be addressed interactively through role play or in a World Café setting. Come and learn from the international framework and tools developed for facilitating the transition towards EIPs.
Key drivers for EIPs include:
1. The need to move towards a circular economy, climate change commitments at the national level, and reducing environmental footprints and GHG emissions.
2. Resource-efficiency gains and cost effectiveness of infrastructure adapted to climate change.
3. Enabling community cohesion.
4. Resilience to climate change and various other types of risks, greening the supply chain through circular economy practices and achieving synergies with existing financial and economic incentive systems and technical support.
5. Enhancing competitiveness.
Organiser: United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
Target audience (max. 50 participants): circular economy practitioners engaged with manufacturing industries